About New Franklin R-1
The New Franklin R-1 School District covers over 100 square miles in southern Howard and northwestern Boone counties.
The New Franklin area is rich in cultural history and is known as the beginning of the Santa Fe Trail. The original school, pictured here, was constructed of native gray limestone and built by the citizens of New Franklin as a WPA project in the 1930's. An elementary school was added in the 1960's and a middle school addition in the 1990's. All three schools are connected in a single campus.
Specifics about school events can be found on the Events Calendar
The events calendar will show all school related events.
- February 24-Spring Pictures
- February 24-Elem. Pride Day
- March 1-CEA Meeting
- March 2-Jr. High Scholar Bowl at Glasgow
- March 3-CMU Music Festival
- March 3-Grandparent's Day
- March 6-CAC Music Festival
- March 7-McTeacher Night at Boonville McDonald's-4-8 PM
- March 8-9-Insurance Meeting for Staff
- March 10-End of 3rd Quarter
- March 13-Varsity Scholar Bowl at Glasgow
- March 14-Superintendent's Advisory Committee Meeting
- March 15-Elem AR Celebration
- March 15-School Board Meeting-6 PM in LMC
- March 16-Elem AR Celebration
- March 16-Staff Meeting with Superintendent
- March 16-School in Session-Make up day
- March 17-20-Spring Break
- March 21-Elem. A/B Honor Roll Awards
- March 23-MS Science Club
- March 24-District Music Festival
- March 24-Elem. Pride Assemblies
- March 28-Kindergarten Screening
- March 31-Elem. Birthday Club
For sports events only, see our sports calendar on the
Sports Web Page
The NF PTO is selling stadium seats for $50. To order one contact Teri Grover at 660-621-2102.